DANIEL SMITH Water Soluble Oil Colors can be thinned with water. Brushes and palettes clean up easily with soap and warm water. These new oil colors are made with the same quality and care as our Original Oil Colors but with a specially modified linseed oil binder.
- Our Water Soluble Oil Colors are perfect for:
- Oil painters who are sensitive to or want to avoid exposure to solvents such as mineral spirits or turpentine.
- Students and teachers in schools and colleges where the use of oil color is prohibited because of solvents.
- Artists working in a shared studio space where the build up of solvent levels could lead to a harmful concentration of vapors and an unpleasant odor.
- Artists who work within a small home environment and wish to reduce the odor of oil painting.
- Artists that travel can transport these paints on airplanes subject to the approval of the airline.